Saturday, November 29, 2014

Rear Brake Brackets

November 25, 2014 -

  After getting another set of brackets for the rear brakes, putting them on, and finding they didn't fit I was getting tired of the rear brakes.  (That set was identical to the old ones that didn't fit.)  Finally, November 24 I got the newly redesigned set of brackets.  I put them on the next day and there was some space between the caliper and the wheel. It wasn't a lot of space but enough and I'll take it.


  Here is a comparison of the new and old brackets.  The new one has a rounded edge as it goes around the bolt hole.  (In Wilwood's parlance, it is fully "radiused".)  The old one has a flat cuttoff as it gets to the bottom edge around the bolt hole.  In the below photo the bottom one marked PS is the old bracket.


  Lastly, there is a new code stamped into the redesigned bracket, 12364 LBB.


  I also put some more dynamat inside the passenger footbox and in the transmission tunnel.  I love how solid that stuff makes the car feel.  Oh and I found a wire nut in the driver's fuse box area that I replaced with a soldered connection.  Wire nuts = bad choice for this application.



No comments:

Post a Comment