Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Steering Column Bezel

February 3, 2015 -

  I haven't posted in a while because the things I've been doing are small and haven't lent themselves to any good photos. I've put a bunch of dynamat for sound and heat shielding in the cockpit and put a rivet in here or there.  I took out the fuel pressure gauge that was leaking and replaced it with a plug which still leaked.  So then I took out that plug and another connector and used teflon tape.  I know you aren't supposed to use that for fuel lines but there was no thread damage (i.e. I hadn't cross threaded the connections) and the thread sealant just wasn't cutting it.  You can't have fuel leaking I'm pretty sure.  I think the tape fixed it.  I also tried on the aluminum cover on the transmission tunnel and found where I had to cut a new hole for the forward shifter I have.  I also put on the steering column bezel that my sister gave me from Finish Line.  I think it looks pretty sharp.  Thanks Meredith!


No comments:

Post a Comment