Monday, December 28, 2015

Hood

December 27, 2015 -

  I put together the hood hinges and mounted the hood today. Yesterday I put in the 8 of the shorter rubber bumpers to hold the hood off the body. I used screws and nuts there so they can be removed for paint. The hood hinges took some extra washers from the diagrams in the directions because with just one they were very loose. I needed help holding the hood while I riveted it to the hinge. Thanks Michele! I probably should have done the riveting off the car and attached bolts cause you end up having to widen a rivet hole while someone is holding it. (Sorry Michele.) At this point the piston struts do a nice job of lifting the hood but when it's down flat the front is up a little. I think I need some fine tuning of the hinges to get it to sit flat.


  Note from the last blog post, I did get a new flasher at the local auto parts store for $6 and it works although it flashes a little faster than the factory five one which is fine I think. For some reason now the turn signals aren't working.... so that's something to track down next. (Subsequent note; turns out the turn signals work just fine. The key needs to be in the ON position for them to work. This is the same position that has the fuel pump running. All the other lights seem to work in other key positions so I'm not sure why it's this way but I guess you don't need turn signals if the car isn't on, whereas you might need hazards.)

No comments:

Post a Comment