Saturday, December 14, 2013

Fuel Pump & Alternator

December 14, 2013 -

  Today I took the fuel pickup out of the fuel tank and installed the fuel pump.  I managed to do this through a oval hole in the trunk floor panel and not having to take the tank off the frame which was nice.  It took me a while until I pulled out the pump and looked in the tank and saw the rectangular walled section inside the tank which I think is there as a baffle to prevent fuel sloshing around your pump intake.  So the pump needs to fit into that rectangle inside at the bottom of the tank.  (You need to feed the pump in backwards, hook it into the rectangle and then turn it around so the outside line connections face forward.)



  Next I deconstructed the cardboard box and wooden crate the engine came in.  The base of the pallet and crate are still there serving as an engine stand.  Per the Factory Five directions I removed the stock headers on the engine.  I then installed the alternator on the engine.  There is one more pulley I need to put on before I put the belt on and then that will be done.  The alternator is at the front and bottom on the engine in this picture with the smaller black wheel on it.



No comments:

Post a Comment