Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Thank You

October 16, 2013 -

  No successes to report today but I wanted to thank two people for helping me out.  First when I was rolling out the body buck a leg snapped off and trying to fix that while holding up 1/4 of the buck and body is difficult.  (I've already done it once!)  My neighbor Dave saw this and came over to help.  Much appreciated!
  Later I tried to bleed the rear brakes with my dad.  The passenger side rear caliper bubbled and fluid came out and things looked good.  I couldn't get any fluid or bubbles out of the driver's rear caliper though.  I found a small slow drop leak in a hard line junction so maybe that's the issue?  I'm not sure why so much fluid got to the far passenger side and not the driver's side unless maybe there's a clog in the branch going to the driver's caliper or in the three way hard line junction, or the flexible line maybe? Another mystery to be solved, but I wanted to thank my dad for coming over and helping out.
  Oh and you might be wondering, what about the front brakes?  Turns out both flexible lines on the front were defective and leaked like a lawn sprinkler.  After taking them off and examining the fitting Wilwood agreed I did not over torque them and they must be defective.  Wilwood will be sending me replacements.

No comments:

Post a Comment