Wednesday, July 16, 2014

E Brake and Various Stuff

July 15, 2014 -

  I've done a few various things.  I put on the emergency brake handle that I assembled in my living room over the winter.


  It didn't fit the greatest so I used the dremel to chop off the end of the forward most bolt on the handle which was rubbing the aluminum panel when the handle went down.  That helped but then the Factory Five guy told me to bend the bracket on the frame.  Well that was pretty difficult with the panel on.  I couldn't get a very good grip on it.  That would've been nice to know earlier.
  I also added the ground strap to the engine.

  I felt fortunate to find a bolt leftover that fit nicely into an engine block hole for the ground strap.  This is the first thing in the manual I can remember in quite some time that has been straightforward and complication free.
  I added some of that heat shield sheath to the alternator wire plug that ran right next to the header.  (You can see more of it going under the header protecting the clutch cable.)


  I have also been working on gathering up wires back into bundles as they run back into the engine compartment from behind the dash.  You may not believe it but this is cleaned up from what it was before.


  Challenges I've run into along the way are finding that the driver's side rear brake caliper was rubbing the inside of the wheel.  I had to remove the brake and take out some washers on the caliper mount bracket.  I don't think its rubbing now but its so close on both sides in the rear wheels its got me wondering if I was sent the wrong part somehow? Or is this how it should be? Will be finding out soon. I also tried putting on the emergency brake cables but they don't seem quite long enough. A problem to be solved tomorrow I guess.




No comments:

Post a Comment