Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Start Attempt #1

July 20, 2014 -

  I tried to start the car.  First there was no sound of the fuel pump going.  I went around back and pushed on the electrical connector to the pump and it started.  So that connection doesn't sound the best... I was later told it needed some crimping but it is a plastic part so I'm not sure how you crimp plastic?
  Then as I got the starter to start turning the engine over my friend told me to stop as there was a massive fuel leak in the fuel line where the hose from the filter comes into the hard line.  I also found some small leak up front but I think I fixed that by tightening a hose clamp.  The rear leak wasn't fixed after tightening the nut on the hard line to the fitting.  Factory Five is sending me a new hard fuel line fitting.  All I can think of is that it just isn't sitting right in there.  They are also sending me new rear brake brackets since the rear brakes are way too close to the wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment