Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Fuel Line, Start, and ...... Go Kart!

July 28, 2014 -

  I think I had mentioned last time that upon starting up the fuel pump the fuel line was leaking.  After taking apart the end from the fitting I could see that there wasn't a good flaring on the hard fuel line.  I tried to flare it with my hand tool but I think the larger lines are harder to flare by hand (as opposed to the smaller brake lines which I flared a bunch of times successfully.)  So I went and bought a new one yesterday.  Here's what the line looks like flared from the factory:



  After work today I tried putting in the new fuel line and promptly kinked it using the wrong slot in my line bender tool.  I went and bought another fuel line, happy that was only a $9 mistake.  After putting this one in and starting the fuel pump there was no leak in the back but the front was leaking.  Not quite yet down in the dumps, I thought I would try tightening the fuel line nut into the fitting a little more.  (It was in such a hard to reach position with two wrenches that maybe I didn't tighten it enough?)  After about a 1/2 or more of a turn I ran the fuel pump again and there didn't appear to be leakage.  So then, I thought it was time to turn the key in the ignition all the way.



  And since that worked....





No comments:

Post a Comment